Senior Credit Risk Manager
£80, 000 - £100,000 + bonus + benefits
They are a growing personal and business banking organisation offering a wide range of banking, savings and lending products with a personal service.
You will have responsibility for assisting senior management with a diverse range of strategic business issues with exposure to all credit risk activities whilst developing an understanding of the product range and customer base. You will be responsible for reviewing credit requests and making lending recommendations to senior management and the Credit Committee. You will be a member of the credit committee and liaise with internal teams to ensure the Banks risk appetite is adhered to during the underwriting process and as a line 2 function, provide advice and support for Relationship Managers, Underwriters, Intermediaries and the Mortgage Sales team. You will embed risk appetite and strategy across multiple products and develop credit risk policies to optimise risk and reward. You will also be involved in the creation of new products - both secured and unsecured, business strategies and individual transactions. There is a high level of lending relating to real estate, predominantly residential for UHN or Buy to Let. This means a strong understanding of regulated lending is required (MMR/ MCD, MCOBS, CCA) as well as end to end processing of UK Real Estate. The role is a high level role and responsibilities will include the following:
- Responsible for the credit quality of the lending portfolio including preparation of papers and presentations for new business acquisitions, systems and strategies.
- Management and ownership of the Lending Policy and Bad & Doubtful Debt including policy writing and embedding.
- Review and recommendation of credit requests, leading to sanction authority after a qualifying period.
- Generate key statistics and recommendations for credit committee and ad-hoc requests
- Review and recommendation of enhancements to lending documentation
- Manage the Watch List and Provision process.
- Ensure the provision of high quality risk management consultancy and analytical support, thus enabling the Bank to achieve its business objectives,
- Develop credit risk strategies and techniques to reduce losses from credit abuse and fraud.
- Provide credit risk consultancy and advice to cross-functional project teams on new business acquisition,
- Pro-actively use MI to influence business policy decisions, such as internal limits, application scoring cut-off changes,
- Undertake specific projects to enhance the infrastructure of the Risk team, such as the development of recruitment and training and development plans,
- Support the Risk Team with governance, regulatory and audit requests.
- Support cross functional teams with reviews of regulatory reporting, release of security charges, management of client limits and risk grading,
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- Experience in the development of risk management solutions, the management of lending portfolios and regulatory environment within both regulated and unregulated mortgage lending and consumer credit.
- Comprehensive knowledge credit products including the UK property market and mortgage process.
- Degree in a numerate discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics or Operational Research.
- Previous experience of managing within credit risk, including ownership of policy and procedures
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern risk management techniques and decision making systems such as credit and behavioral scoring,
- Excellent all round management skills, including project management, communication, written and presentation, supervisory and interpersonal.
- Experience of the use of computer based management information systems,
- Strong background and experience within Retail or Private Banking credit risk roles,
- Experience of intermediary lending.