£15000 - £18000 + Benefits
They are a specialist insurance company, who are looking to invest in the future of their business, and are looking for a trainee claims handler, to join them. You will receive full training and support and receive regular reviews as well as regualr pay reviews according to your training progress. This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding financial services company for someone who may have just finished their education at either school or university.
As a trainee member of the team reporting to the team leader, you'll be taught everything that you need to know. You'll operate within the agreed underwriting authority and according to the underwriting philosophy and strategy. You'll shadow senior members of the team and once fully trained, you'll be tasked with personal ownership of handling quotations, proposals etc. You'll not only focus on your own work but you'll need to work as part of a team delivering high quality service to intermediaries.
Key Responsibilities of the trainee:
- Acquire underwriting knowledge.
- Consider quotation requests, proposals and/or amendments to existing policies and calculate premiums by reference in line with risk pricing.
- Ownership of own cases (As mentioned you'll be trained to make effective decisions within your own authority level).
- Receive training to effectively handle telephone enquiries.
- Work to operational deadlines.
- Respond to and take ownership of customer enquiries and allocated mail.
- Make a positive input into the teams effectiveness, suggesting ways in which work systems and processes can be altered and improved.
- Work flexibly within the team in a manner that demonstrates core brand values, assisting colleagues when pressure is high and help enhance overall team performance.
- Building key relationships with internal teams and other underwriting teams, as well as intermediaries.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this excellent trainee entry level role, you should meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 5 GCSE passes; must include A-C grades for English Language and Literature and Mathematics.
- Self starter with a focus on delivering results and passion for delivering customer service.
- Organised and meticulous approach to work.
- Strong team player.
- Keen to take their career into their own hands through self-development, and can embrace change.
- Exceptional communication skills including oral and written.
- Previous experience of working in an office beneficial but not essential.
- Basic technical and product knowledge are required for this role, as well as the ability to understand and use established systems and processes.
Note to the candidates: Please note that due to the high amount of responses we will only reply to candidates that fit our clients' strict requirement.