Accounts Payable - Supervisor
£30000 - £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits including 15% non-contributory pension
Growing London operation of international banking group with global assets $20billion. The business comprises FX/MM, commercial and wholesale banking together with retail activities. No equity trading is undertaken. They now have a new role which would be of interest to someone early in their career who wishes to develop a broad and detailed view of the management of all risks in a bank and the opportunity to work closely with senior management that comes in a smaller organization.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- A minimum of 3 years accounting experience with any industry background
- Experience in Purchase ledger, invoice and contract management as well as Sales Ledger
- Strong PC and spreadsheet skills are
- Overall the candidate needs to be flexible in their approach to the A wide range of tasks plus great communications skills are required.
- A good attention to detail and willingness to learn / take on additional responsibilities are an important factor of making this role a
- Ability to interact at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure, on your own or as a team player
- Analytical skills combined with the ability to work under significant
- Well-developed interpersonal skills are an
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Reporting to the Manager, Management Accounting, the role is wide ranging and includes the following:
- Providing a complete Accounts payable service to the bank, covering all aspects of Purchase ledger, Sales ledger, Staff expense, Recharging costs to HO & France and selected Suspense accounts
- Ensuring rigorous financial control disciplines are adhered to in respect of the general ledger and related financial systems and MIS
- Purchase Ledger - Ownership of all aspects of the SAP Concur system, checking and coding to expense / suspense accounts & Fixed asset accounts,
- Reviewing authorisation's to adhere to the bank's authority
- Checking journal output from Concur and uploading to
- Pushing all authorised invoices to the payments team and monitoring the
- Process a monthly SAP Concur Staff expense claims run
- Handle all Vendor queries regarding invoice payments
- Sales Ledger - Produce invoices at request of departments and keep appropriate records in the system.
- Head office recharge - Input/Check all entries in the system. Process monthly entries to clear suspense account and inform the bank's overseas parent.
- Overseas branch recharge - Input/Check all entries in the system. Process monthly entries to clear suspense account and inform the overseas France.
- Recurring contracts - approval, maintain log for annual
- Regulatory reporting - Bi-annual Payment Practice and Performance P11D/PSA reporting - Bi-annual assistance given to HR regarding staff expenses.
- Maintain Prepayments schedule and all
- Assist internal and External auditor
- Maintain the Accounts payable "in box"
- Cover for Daily FX rates, cover for suspense reconciliations
- Monitor Nostro recs Daily outstandings
- Maintain and update Accounts payable SOP's