Exciting opportunity to join City based Fintech business.
Ideally a Part Qualified Accountant you should have a strong appreciation of Accounts Payable and Month End procedres.
- Managing the day-to-day transactional accounting in Xero (e.g. bank reconciliations, invoicing, other general ledger postings)
- Month end calculation and posting of accruals and prepayments
- Assisting with Accounts Receivable - invoicing lenders through Xero
- Accounts Payable - payment and reconciliation of supplier invoices
- Assisting with daily cash flow reporting
- Calculating Broker commissions and monthly payroll additions/deductions, running and reconciling/sense checking the monthly payroll
- Management of relationships with third party providers (e.g. payroll software, pension, private health)
- Processing staff expenses
- Entering monthly recurring revenues (and following up with lenders for the recurring revenue summaries)
- Performing monthly income reconciliation and following-up on reconciling items
- Corresponding with lenders around aged receivables and debt collection
- Liaising with brokers on ad hoc issues relating to lender invoicing
- Dealing with the Commercial team to resolve any queries from lenders, introducers and other partners
- Responsibility for monitoring the Accounts team mailbox and ensuring that all queries are dealt with
- Assisting the Finance team with project work such as improving internal controls and process
- Reporting to the Financial Director
A bit about you:
- Accounting degree or Part-Qualified or currently studying towards ACA, ACCA, CIMA or other.
- A solid understanding of accounting processes coupled with the ability to handle multiple tasks with tight delivery schedules
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Most importantly, a team player ‐ someone fully committed to their team and who takes pride in their work, both independently and as a collective.