£30,000 - £35,000 + bonus benefits + study support
Who They Are
The company is a fast expanding chemical manufacturing focussed on sustainability and their products aim to replace endangered environmental sources and reduce energy consumption on our planet.
Reporting to the Finance Manger and working closely with the Finance Director, you will join the finance team of 4 people and provide support in the production of monthly and annual accounts and reporting. You will also help mentor the Finance Assistant. The role includes the following:-
- Undertake a well structured program of month end duties with day to day responsibility for balance sheet, income statement and cash-flow related tasks.
- Liaise with non finance managers regarding their budgets and areas of overspend, accruals and prepayments and balance sheet reconciliation.
- The opportunity to complete study towards a CIMA/ACCA qualification - you will be given study leave and the support necessary to pass your exams first time.
- Workload will become more complex as confidence and technical expertise improves, alongside CIMA/ ACCA study and in house practical training.
- Oversight for finance administration including Accounts Payable.
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- You will have a strong academic background including a degree and 2-3 years relevant experience working within a finance team with exposure to a broad range of finance and accounting processes.
- You will be part qualified and either studying toward CIMA (or equivalent) or be on the verge of qualifying.
- Must have Competent use of IT packages in particular Excel
- Self-motivated Accountant who is confident in working on their own initiative but enjoys working within a team environment.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have a desire to learn new skills while becoming an integral member of the team committed to driving the company forward
- Must be able to demonstrate drive, ambition and vision
- Must be organised, structured & results/execution focused
- Will have a proven track record within a similar business assisting in the production of management accounts
- Will ideally have a demonstrated ability to communicate financial information to senior company staff
- Will ideally have come from an environment which included exposure to a broad range of accounting and finance matters