£35,000 - £40,000 + Bonus + Benefits + Study Package
The company is an independent fast growing B2B energy supply company, part of a group who has operated in the energy industry for many years and are an established business. This role will begin remotely but may resume partly in the office at some stage.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, you should meet the following criteria:
- Part-qualified (ACCA/CIMA)
- 2-3 years' experience in an accounting role (energy sector desirable but not essential)
- Either strong academics including a 2:1 degree pass or AAT qualified
- Looking to develop and progress within a fast-growing company
- Computer literate with good knowledge of MS Office, with a particular strength in Excel (including pivot tables, advanced formula, sumif or if statements. (Sage 50 experience desirable but not essential)
- Interested in developing an understanding of financial instruments; reconciliation, revaluations, settlements
- Results orientated and ambitious.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Numerate with excellent analytical skills
- A fast learner, enthusiastic about learning new subjects and acquiring new skills
- Tenacious can-do attitude
The role will provide a fantastic career opportunity for an ambitious, flexible and passionate individual, with personal development and progression aligned to the continued growth and success of the business. You will work alongside an experienced team of people with strong experience within the energy sector. As part of the Finance team, you will be directly involved in several daily accounting tasks and the preparation of monthly management reporting and assist the Head of Finance in a number of tasks. You will actively work towards completing your accounting qualification whilst gaining skills and experience in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and reviewing financial journals: prepayments, accruals, depreciation etc.
- Support month-end processes including balance sheet and P&L reconciliations
- Assisting with production and maintenance of cashflow and P&L forecasts
- Support with the preparation of monthly management accounts and statutory year-end reporting
- Developing strong understanding of financial instruments; reconciliation, revaluations, settlements
- Effectively manage your workload in a deadline driven environment