Senior Financial Accountant
£75000 to £95000 (Dependent on experience) + Bonus + Benefits
London - Hybrid 3 days in the office but can be flexible
They are an entrepreneurial investment firm which offers a diverse range of investment / asset management, private equity, real estate, venture capital, infrastructure and other alternative opportunities to investors across the globe. They manage nearly $120bn of investments. Having recently undergone a finance function reengineering, they have a new role for a Group Financial Accountant who is keen to develop their career within a global finance function.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
To be considered for this role, you should meet the following criteria:
- Strong academic background with ACA/ACCA/CIMA and at least 3 - 5 years post qualified experience
- Knowledge of investment management or asset management or private equity and FRS 102
- Strong team player with ability to develop effective working relationships with colleagues across jurisdictions.
- Excellent Excel knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed.
- Able to work to strict deadlines.
- Previous experience of managing / mentoring junior team members is advantageous.
This role reports to the Head of Finance and works within a Global Finance team. You will be responsible for the financial accounting of multiple registered corporate entities. You will be expected to provide financial analysis on a range of corporate accounting topics and support plans to improve efficiency, with the opportunity to provide thoughtful recommendations to updates in accounting policies, procedures and controls as the company grows. You will also have a wide range of tasks spanning the processing of day-to-day financial transactions, preparation of monthly management accounts working in collaboration with the FP&A team and involvement in the planning of annual audits and the production of statutory financial statements. Specific aspects of your role to include:
- Managing and supporting trainee accountants within the team, providing mentorship and guidance throughout their training.
- Management of accounting ledgers with responsibility for resolution of issues arising (intercompany discrepancies, bank reconciliations, integrity of data etc)
- Responsible for periodic reporting of management accounting information, tax reporting and cash flow forecasting, with thoughtful analysis to identify important data insights where appropriate for team stakeholders
- Involvement in external audit process and responsible for preparation of financial statements under FRS 102
- Ensuring compliance with internal controls and policies including assistance with budgeting, forecasting and internal audit monitoring
- Working with the Head of Finance and other team members to optimise use of available technology, and assist with driving efficiencies and improvements in various projects through an ongoing transformation process