To £35000 - £43000 + plus Benefits, bonus and study package
They are a successful trading and investments group with a focus on commodity trading dealing in oil, carbon, power and gas as well as managing two energy focussed hedge funds. They are also involved in venture capital start-ups in the energy sector. Their environment is fast moving with a proactive culture which encourages employees to use initiative and actively contribute to success in always changing environment. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to obtain exposure a wide variety of tasks in a fast moving trading environment.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Highly numerate graduate in any discipline and a finalist CIMA or ACCA with 3 - 4 years accounting experience
- Strong academics including a strong class of degree e.g. 2:1and strong A level grades (at least 3 Bs at A level);
- Intellectual curiosity
- Able to use Excel regularly and spreadsheets as well as mathematics;
- Have an eye for detail and a hands-on approach and be a team player with a flexible mind-set;
- Have a strong and demonstrable interest in becoming a qualified accountant and pursuing a career in accountancy;
- You will be a team player, and have a strong desire to learn.
- Working as part of a team of 5, reporting to the Finance Director and joining as a PQ within a dynamic and growing finance department, this is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to develop further their career in accountancy.
- You will be exposed to a variety of businesses and financial products, analysing and reconciling data as well as preparing financial reports and management and financial accounts. You will also gain an understanding of booking, system processing, cross border transactions, management reporting and business analysis. You will be responsible for the transaction full cycle from initial recognition to preparation of Financial Statements.
- You will work with Excel spreadsheets and Sage accounting software.
- Additionally when required you will gain exposure to a wide variety of tasks covering, management accounts, VAT and corporation tax plus regulatory filings.