£30,000 - £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a global brokerage offering their clients access to a wide range of financial products and instruments trading across the globe. In certain products they are ranked amongst the world leaders in terms of trading volumes.
Reporting to the Head of Finance and working in a small professional accounts team, you will record the payable invoices into the company's ledgers and prepare them for payment. The role includes the following
- Record payable invoices into the accounting system.
- Record the VAT on the payable invoices in line with the company's Partial Exemption Special Method.
- Allocation of the expense to the correct accounting period through the postings of accruals and prepayments.
- Report to Head of Finance and Heads of Revenue desks on period variances to budget as part of the month end cycle.
- Prepare batch file for weekly payment run for expense invoices.
- Prepare the VAT returns in line with the company's Partial Exemption Special Method.
- Ensure the Accounts Payable ledger is accurate, fully allocated and any old or outstanding items are reported to the Head of Finance.
- To prepare the forecasted expenses as part of the budget process.
- Maintain the Fixed Assets ledger and record the depreciation.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- A levels ( Part qualified Accountant would be an advantage)
- Able to work with a high level of accuracy, to tight deadlines and with minimal supervision
- Excellent team player, assisting other staff members when necessary to get the departments work finished.
- Strong work ethic to complete tasks on their own.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Sun accounting system an advantage.
- Previous experience within financial services preferable.