Finance Project Manager|
£90,000 + bonus + benefits
12-18 month contract
Central London - Hybrid
They are market leading, dynamic quoted global manufacturing and distribution business. They have grown strongly in recent years organically and by acquisition and have a presence in over 18 countries. The have a new role that focusses on cost analysis and accuracy of cost reporting for budgeting purposes and co-ordinating budgeting. The role is an internationally focussed role liaising with offices in USA, Far East, UK and Europe to ensure accuracy of budgets and forecasts. The role is offered on a contract basis for 12 - 18 months.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- SAP and other analytical tools to manipulate cost centre data
- Previous financial acumen and conventions reporting and analysis
- Ability to communicate and explain clearly financial concepts to non-financial personnel whilst understanding commercial and operations terminology
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to liaise with commercial and finance personnel at many different levels
- Proactive approach to the role, continually challenging and looking for ways to improve Business value.
- Exceptional Excel skills to support Business Modelling and Variance analysis
Reporting to VP Group Finance & Treasury the role involves ability to analyse, challenge and communicate financial information clearly and accurately, support decision making through analysis and to understand and communicate the basis of allocation of costs between divisions. The role includes the following:
Overview and Support:
- Support for the Global Functional heads and Regional Cost Centre owners to understand and analyse their costs.
- Support for the Divisional VP Finance Business Partnering to understand their fully allocated Divisional SG&A costs
- Support for regional Shared Service Centres to ensure timely and accurate monthly accruals and prepayments and to be able to understand costs on a legal entity basis
- Ensure Functional Global cost allocations are correctly made to each Division on a quarterly basis according to the agreed basis of allocation
- Review, understand and challenge SG&A costs across the global Business
- Provide insightful monthly reporting in co-ordination with Business Partnering and Shared Services teams
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Work with Cost Centre owners to provide periodic forecasts and annual budgets for all global SG&A Cost Centres
- Provide consolidated Budget and Forecast SG&A costs as agreed
- Drive Cost Centre owners and Global heads to achieve planned financial targets by identifying corrective actions and contingency planning as necessary.
- Identify and agree the basis for allocations of all Global Functional SG&A costs to Divisions
- Provide global consolidated Divisional SG&A reporting to the Divisional Finance VP Business Partnering.
- Provide supplemental reporting for Global Functional heads, Shared Service Centre leads and Cost Centre owners.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting requests as requested by Divisional Business Partnering teams, Global Functional teams, Shared Service Centre teams and individual Cost Centre owners.