£50,000 - £60,000 + bonus + benefits
They are a growing and entrepreneurial asset backed lending group based in London but also with operations in the US. The company has broadened there lending activities and is now involved with property lending and also continues to look at new growth areas in addition to its core lending activities. They now wish to strengthen the core finance function with the addition of a qualified financial accountant to their small finance team based in London. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast growing entrepreneurial business which can provide also excellent opportunity for early responsibility.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, you will join the finance team of four staff comprising both qualified and part qualified accountants. The role has considerable scope for development as well as prospects for greater responsibility and advancement. The role has international dimensions and also exposures to US GAAP accounting as well as core UK GAAP. The role is very hands on and will involve a wide range of responsibilities as would be likely in a small finance team but will include mainly the following:
- Statutory Accounts and Audit
- FCA Reporting - Regulated Property Lending
- Compliance monitoring process
- Month End Specific tasks
- Monthly Management Accounts
- Monthly Income Analysis
- Monthly Expense Analysis
- Entity FX Revaluations
- VAT Returns
- Assist with Year Ends
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Holiday and absence cover for other duties within the team
Who we are looking for
This is an excellent role for someone who wishes to join a busy and commercial environment within a good team environment. To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- An ambitious ACA/ACCA with strong academics with a minimum of 1 years' experience outside of practice or relevant experience currently in practice
- Experience of FCA Reporting in particular knowledge of the FCA regulatory reporting system (GABRIEL) or similar.
- Strong understanding / experience of ledgers, general financial accounting and statutory accounting gained, ideally, in a financial services and/or property lending environment.
- Knowledge of UK GAAP essential. Knowledge of FRS 102 highly desirable.
- Advanced Excel skills (including Pivot Tables, V Lookups).
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written.
- Eye for detail, accuracy and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Able to work in a smaller company environment in a smaller finance team.