Financial Accountant / Management Accountant
£30,000 - £40,000 + benefits
They are a dynamic and innovative business services company operating in strategic locations worldwide and offering services across different industries. They have a strong reputation within their industry and offer a wide range of services to corporate entities, entrepreneurs and institutional investors. They have 800 employees globally and have now embarked on a major expansion plan in the UK. They have a people focused culture and offer progressive career opportunities within a growing business. This is an excellent time to join this organisation at a time of expansion which you will fully take part in. You will also benefit from a comprehensive personally tailored training and development program.
This is a wide ranging role reporting to the Senior Manager of Finance. Your role will encompass, but won't be limited to:
- Preparation to an excellent and high quality level financial and management accounts and financial statements to UK GAAP / IFRS standards;
- Maintaining accounting books and records;
- Preparation of trial balance and ensuring accuracy of journal entries;
- Responsible for the production of VAT;
- Processing and managing the payroll for a number of entities for the group;
- Managing and delivering ad-hoc activities and projects to support senior management;
- Working effectively and in collaboration with all members of the Corporate Services team;
- Supervising a junior trainee accountant;
- Ad-hoc general administrative duties.
This role is suitable for someone with hands on accounting skills, strong written and verbal communication ability. It is probably suitable for someone who has worked in a client facing role, who is used to answering queries as a first point of contact. You must meet the following criteria:
- Part qualified or qualified accountant with at least 3 years accountancy experience;
- You must be familiar with UK IFRS and UK GAAP;
- Experience of hands on preparation of accounts from trial balance to year end accounts;
- Ideally you come from an accountancy firm or property / real estate company;
- You must be able to work independently with very little supervision and able to work in small, proactive hands on team of professionals.