Financial Controller London
£60000 - £65000 + Bonus +~ Benefits
They are a leading global financial services group who are renowned for their focus on delivering exceptional services to clients. They provide services to fund managers, private equity firms, global companies, family offices and private clients and operate across the globe.
Reporting to the Finance Director, in this role you will be able to add significant value to their London Finance Function, by proactively finding ways to streamline their processes and making efficiencies. The role will manage the monthly and annual reporting ensuring deadlines are met. Role responsibilities will include:
- The control and preparation of monthly management accounts and reporting information to Group Finance and also Directors;
- Provision of meaningful commentary on actual financial performance including various KPIs.
- Preparation of the annual financial statements across all relevant entities together with the preparation of the relevant documentation required for the dormant entities.
- Ensuring the FD is regularly updated on working capital and the weekly cash position.
- Managing the debtor position, the delivery of client invoices and making sure all time is accurately recorded for each of the businesses Managers.
- Ensuring accurate completion of tax returns by liaison with the company's external tax advisors.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Qualified accountant with strong management accounting skills.
- Experience of Group accounting and reporting and significant technical experience of accounting and reporting standards.
- Excellent Excel (advanced level) and strong computer skills including experience of working with accounting systems.
- Demonstrable track record of operating at a senior finance level and providing financial support to senior management.
- Excellent general communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Knowledge and experience of financial services operations is beneficial but not mandatory.
- A team player, with a strong eye for detail and very strong organisational skills to meet deadlines.
- Able to build an effective finance team by mentoring to up-skill your team.
- Pragmatic problem solver able to identify ways to improve processes and create efficiencies.