Accountancy and Finance
|Salary:||£63000 per annum|
|Job Published:||about 3 years ago|
Reporting to the FP&A Manager, the FP&A Analyst will provide critical support on entity, regional, country and client business performance. This role will be responsible for reporting, analysing and critically challenging financial data and other available metrics, in order to help to drive continuous business growth.
Specifically this person will be responsible for:
* Reviewing and understanding Revenue and how it translates into Underwriting Profit (UWP), Technical Margin, Financial Income, Expenses, Underlying earnings and Net Income (NI) performance from a macro and micro perspective
* Review country and regional performance vs plans & prior periods, taking into consideration market developments (maturity, economic outlook and competition)
* Supporting and participating in income statement reporting and reviews.
* Leading the development of short-term, medium-term and long-term forecasts for income statement forecast development and business planning cycles. Providing all necessary support to group reporting to enable accurate entry of data for forecast periods and half-year/full-year financial closings and estimate process
* Liaise with Actuarial team to understand how their models impact UW and NI performance
* Interacting strongly with group reporting to ensure all required submissions, particularly Magnitude are supported in a timely and accurate basis.
- Contribution to the income statement close process every quarter and income statement related report preparation
* Analysis of UWP by country, client and entity including variance to plan and pan-European client agreements
* Analysis of Net Income by country and client and entity
* Provide continuous ad hoc commercial support to leadership and commercial teams.
* Develop financial models for business scenarios
* Keep management updated on the status of the clients' and/or regions' performance, creating matrixes that enhance the way businesses are run across LP.
* Work with Business Intelligence/performance management teams to understand market trends that can impact in LP growth.
- Supporting regional FP&A and finance teams on a regular basis, particularly around the Operating, revised forecasts and Strategic plans. This will require elements of training, review and process improvement actions within the planning cycles. Act as a key interface with the actuarial and commercial functions to correct models and provide best available data outputs
* Financial experience within insurance, banking or financial services, or other industries with large volume data.
* Commercial acumen.
- Experience of SAP Copernic / Business Objects
* Sound understanding of financial services or allied industries
* Ability to manage time and multiple tasks effectively.
* Demonstrate lateral thinking to solve problems and manage projects.
* Able to travel across Europe.
* Creditor insurance experience.
Accounting or Actuarial qualifications
Fluency in one or more European languages, French would be an advantage
Sorry, this job is no longer available