Fund Accountant - Investment Management
£40,000 - £45,000
They are a long standing name within the Real Estate Investment Management market and FTSE 250 listed. A truly global firm with offices in over 15 major cities around the world. They are looking for a newly qualified ACA/ACCA accountant to come in and join a niche team within the business that is looking to grow. They need somebody with the desire and drive to grow and progress as well as the ability to adapt to a fast paced environment without compromising standards of work. The candidate chosen will take responsibility for a newly launched fund totalling over £500 million. Also there will be 2 further funds launched later this year that will fall under their responsibilities.
- Manage the accounting, consolidation and reporting processes for the debt funds, including quarterly financial statements, investor reporting, annual financial accounts and investor requests.
- Oversee the audit and tax compliance processes, including fee negotiations, scope determination, appointment and co-ordination of external advisers.
- Have deep understanding of the loan investment portfolio. Liaise with internal specialists to draft recommendations with respect to borrower requests/ issues.
- Manage the loan asset management of the loans within the fund including preparing interest payment statements, compliance testing, instructing valuations and dealing with borrower requests.
- Serve as a single point of contact for internal fund managers, portfolio managers and asset managers.
- Assist with the implementation of best practices in all aspects of fund accounting.
Who they are looking for
To be considered for this role, you should meet the following criteria:
- Newly Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA preferred)
- Outgoing personality and ability to engage at all levels
- Strong technical accounting experience
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Self-motivated & forward thinker
- Hard working, able to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organised, methodical and with an eye for detail
- Fund and/or property accounting knowledge