Migration Project Accountant
(1 YEAR FTC)
£55,000 - £60,000 + bonus + benefits
They are a global and expanding investment services comp[any. They have offices in over 10 international locations and work with investments across 25 countries. They are a truly international company and offer excellent career development prospects within a professional environment.
Report directly to a Director or Associate Director, you will manage a small team responsible for client migration of outsourced services as well as understanding accounting aspects of Private Equity and Real Estate funds.
- Involved in the accounting set up of new funds.
- To be the first point of escalation for all technical queries raised by the finance team and greater migration team.
- To be the first point of escalation for fund accounting migration queries and to ensure these are effectively managed through to resolution
- Ensuring systems and accounting set up meets requirements
- Responsible for reviewing annual statutory accounts under US GAAP, IFRS and LUX GAAP.
- Timely liaison with fund controllers and auditors required to ensure deadlines for disclosing financial statements are met.
- Review monthly management accounts, analysing variances and communicating findings.
- Have oversight of the audit process and tax reporting process, ensuring that both are completed smoothly.
- Conduct second reviews at all stages of a fund's cycle directed from the LPA's. This includes drawdowns, distributions, preferred return, IRR/Carry calculations, KPI's and ad hoc tasks requested by the client.
- Delegate work effectively within the team of qualified and part qualified accountants to ensure work carried out at appropriate level within deadlines whilst challenging team members. Ensure meet set KPIs.
- Review operational processes for areas of improvement and inefficiency. Escalating such areas and suggesting remedial measures.
- Liaising with senior management.
Who they are looking for
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualified or part qualified accountant with migration experience and strong technical knowledge of IFRS or various GAAPS.
- Strong knowledge / understanding of the Private Equity Industry and / or Fund Administration or Investment Banking Sector.
- Strong Excel skills including understanding best practices in reviewing financial models.
- Experience of providing services to multiple clients and managing client relationships.
- Experience of managing teams of people and in developing individuals up to the standard required.
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills with Senior Management and other internal departments.
- Can do attitude, ability to cope with tight deadlines and working under pressure.