Accountant - Private Equity (various positions)
£27,000 - £40,000 + Excellent Benefits + Study Support
City of London
They are a growing international financial services company that provides services to private equity and real estate private equity firms across the globe. They have offices in over 10 international locations and work for over 300 funds across over 30 countries. They are a truly international company and offer excellent career development prospects.
The role is varied and will include:
- Assisting in the preparation and completion process of quarterly and yearly financial statements with disclosures and other ad hoc financial information
- Preparation and delivery of administration tasks (such as fund drawdowns and distributions) and investors communications
- Ensure accurate recording of information between different fund vehicles.
- Ensure fund bank accounts and intercompany accounts are reconciled on a continuous basis.
- Work closely with the technical team to ensure financial statements meet the funds reporting requirements of UK GAAP, US GAAP, IFRS and LPA GAAP.
- Review drawdown and equalisation calculations to ensure the accuracy of figures, as funds seek access to their commitments.
- Review distribution calculations, ensuring the flow of funds from investment sales are accurately recorded right through to fund partner payments.
- Ensure the correct and timely recording of fund management fees and contribute ideas to improve processes (gain efficiencies or reduce risk)
- Prepare partner statements for the correct accounting of equity held within each reportable fund.
- Ensure the accurate communication of all fund movements between the fund and its partners, through the issuance of relevant fund notices.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis for review and respond to client and investor queries
- Oversee processing of financial information of junior team members and provide job training/mentoring where required.
Criteria they are looking for:
- University Degree in Accountancy/Business/Maths or other demonstrable strong aptitude for numeracy
- Part qualified (having successfully completed at least 2 ACCA/ACA level exams) or up to affiliate level
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Good working knowledge of double entry accounting as well as experience of preparing or assisting in preparing statutory accounts (UK/US GAAP or IFRS)
- Fully or part qualified AAT preferable
- Deadline driven with excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively with colleagues and up to senior Level.