|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£24000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Receptionist - Front of House
£Neg + Benefits
City of London
They are a leading and highly respected Investment Manager. They are one of the UK's leading providers of investment management services for individuals, charities and professional advisers. They are currently looking for a polished, presentable and professional Receptionist to join their "Front of House" team.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Front of House Administrator to provide a professional service to our visitors, ensuring that the company image is always enhanced with professionalism. As the role holder you'll be reporting to the Front of House Manager. You'll be the face of the company so you'll be immaculately presented, and ensure all guests are made to feel welcome. You'll come from a corporate background, and be used to fast paced environments. You'll also be required to be flexible in regards to working hours as desk coverage is required between 7.00am - 6.00pm.
- Provide a professional 'meet and greet' service to our clients and visitors, ensure that enquiries are dealt with efficiently
- Ensure calls are answered in a timely, professional manner, announcing calls and taking concise messages as appropriate.
- Processing meeting room booking requests, arranging video / audio equipment, meeting room hospitality as appropriate, liaising with IT and Facilities teams as and when required.
- Ensure the London office client areas and meeting rooms are maintained to a high standard at all times, raising any issues through to the team manager as well as facilities as and when required.
- Administration of visitor signing in / out process effectively and allocate access passes to external visitors as required.
- Any other duties associated with the post as required by the manager.
As the role holder you'll:
- Have previous Front of House service experience within a fast paced environment
- Have a professional telephone manner
- Have strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Have the ability to work flexible hours - London FOH operates between 7am and 6pm
- Have strong computer literacy (MS Office as well as telephony and room booking systems)
- Be a Strong team worker with the ability to multitask (the role is varied both in terms of tasks and volume)
- Have the ability to work well under pressure and towards timescales.