Regulatory Reporting Analyst
To £55,000 + Bonus + Benefits (including 20% non contributory pension, subsidised restaurant, PHI)London
They are a well known and strongly established banking group with a unique brand history who offer their customers a truly personalised experience. The bank has strong employee values and is a highly collegiate environment. They offer a good work life balance and also a very stable environment.
The role is within the Finance function and will be part of the external reporting team. Role responsibilities include:
Regulatory requirements analysis
- Finance administrator and support for the regulatory reporting applications, to include working with IT with system upgrades and developments to the regulatory reporting software.
- Participate in projects related to forthcoming regulatory changes.
- Provide key input into the ongoing review and suggest improvements/enhancements to the regulatory reporting software to the supplier.
- Review the data quality within system extracts and work with data owners to improve and enhance the data.
Undertake testing tasks for regulatory reporting
- Undertake user acceptance testing on system upgrades to the regulatory reporting software, including bank specific enhancements - to include validation of extracts from bank systems and proofing of all output from the software according to test plans.
- Preparation of test plans, create test scenarios and test scripts for system changes, end to end and regression testing.
- Daily monitoring of the bank's exposures arising in customer and Treasury lending against internal and regulatory limits.
- Prepare regulatory returns to the regulators (PRA/FCA and Bank of England) on an accurate and timely basis, including COREP.
- Keep up to date with developments in regulatory reporting.
- To maintain and update regulatory reporting procedures.
- Assist in supporting the business needs with regulatory analysis and reporting.
- Cover and support for other team members during periods of absence or as required.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
In order to be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Experience of extracting, manipulating and reporting of data from regulatory systems.
- Exposure to and proven experience of regulatory reporting and requirements (COREP or EBA reporting would be an advantage).
- Experience of working on regulatory reports such as Large Exposure, Bank of England reports, Liquidity.
- Use of database applications and schema.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical and advanced excel skills (databases would be an advantage).
- Knowledge of regulatory reporting and related rules.
There will be significant regulatory projects in this role and therefore the following experience would be advantageous:
- Experience of preparing user acceptance test plans, identifying test data, undertaking acceptance testing and documenting test results.
- Experience of working as part of a team implementing regulatory change, using a vendor product.
- Comprehensive system testing experience and application of test approaches and techniques.