£75,000 - £90,000 (Dependent on experience) + substantial bonus plus benefits
City of London
An opportunity exists to help shape the tax function in the London operations of a growing proprietary trading firm focusing primarily on equities and equity derivatives. They have over 400 people in New York, Hong Kong & London. They have expanded rapidly in London from 35 to 90 employees in the last 18 months, attracting very high quality people who form a collegiate and entrepreneurial culture. Mentoring, informal meetings and active discussion are all part of the culture. An ambitious person can have an excellent career there with opportunity for progression within an intense and fast-paced work environment. Apart from career progression they offer individuals career progression to develop their skills in many formats. Previous financial services tax experience is essential but you will be trained on any aspects where you have a knowledge gap.
- Local FATCA requirements and lead on tax issues around client on-boarding
- Transition Italian, French FTT & UK Stamp processes to London by taking ownership of current systems and communicate potential changes to senior management in a timely manner
- Develop global FTT solution in the firms trading systems to identify where we have a tax liability and where we have a collection and payment obligation on behalf of counterparts
- Lead UK implementation of necessary systems development for EU FTT including formulate and develop options for amending trading strategies in response.
- VAT forecasting, management of PESM and preparation of reports
- All aspects of corporation tax compliance
- Internal advisory to UK office on tax matters
- Internal advisory to overseas offices on matters relating to European taxes
- Other ad hoc projects and tax assurance work
Who they are looking for
To be considered for this excellent role, you should meet the following criteria:
- At least 4 - 8 years financial services tax work experience. Training will be provided on the specifics of the role where you have knowledge gaps.
- Possessing relevant professional qualifications and able to demonstrate ability to deal with a wide range of tax and related issues.
- A proactive and decisive self-starter with a strong attention to detail who is capable of learning what they do not know already.
- Ability to lead and undertake projects.
Candidates are likely to be working for one of the following: a firm of accountants, a bank, investment house, brokerage, trading firm or hedge fund.