£60,000 - £70,000
City Of London
One of the UK's most prestigious private banks. They have a rich history, strong reputation and a very unique branding. The bank has strong values of empathy, honesty, excellence and social responsibility and is dedicated to offering a truly personalised experience. They are currently looking for a Trust Manager to join them on a permanent basis, to administer Trusts & Estates, to write Wills and promote the Trustees services generally.
The role is subject to the Conduct Rules set by the FCA/PRA. You are required to familiarise yourself with, and comply with, the Conduct Rules and their successors and complete such ongoing training and competence requirements as required by the FCA/PRA and the bank from time to time.
- The administration of Settlements in accordance with the terms of the trust deed and the law. Liaise with the HMRC solicitors and other Agents as required Completion of tax returns and when appropriate distribution of trust assets to the beneficiaries, dealing with Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax and tax certificates as required but excluding investment reviews
- The administration of Charitable Trusts including the payment of grants, the preparation and audit of annual accounts and submission of annual returns to the Charity Commissioners.
- The administration of deceased's Estates as executors or administrators of wills, codicils or on intestacy. Dealing with the collection of and distribution of the assets, all taxation aspects. Ensuring that all debts, taxation and legacies are properly discharged and residue is distributed. Preparing accounts, tax certificates and revenue returns.
- Writing Wills and Codicils for customers, staff and pensioners ( not a pre-requisite)
- Overseeing half-yearly and ad hoc investment reviews of the portfolios as provided by investment advisers and dealing as required.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Have membership of the Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (S.T.E.P) and relevant qualifications.
- Have practical in-depth experience in all Trustee matters, proven track record as a Trust Manager.
- Have investment knowledge in line with FCA/STEP requirements.
- Have the ability to convey clear interpretations and explanations of technical matters to beneficiaries, trustees and other colleagues.
- Have extensive knowledge of legislation and tax regulation affecting Trusts and Estates, ideally Private Banking experience.