Accountancy and Finance
Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£85000 - £100000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Job Published:||over 3 years ago|
VP Group Finance
£85,000 - £100,000 + Good Bonus + Benefits
The company is an award winning specialist investment bank, with offices in the UK and strategic locations in Europe, the USA and the Far East. They are also opening further offices in Europe. The company offers expert advice to growth companies regarding M&A and capital raising. Since Brexit, they have never been busier and are one of the UKs fastest growing companies. They now have a key new role within the small finance function of their UK HQ. The role will suit a qualified Accountant who is highly self motivated and able to demonstrate an entrepreneurial mind-set, and who has a high degree of stamina to work within a high energy and focused team environment.
You will be supporting and deputising for the Group CFO, covering all areas of finance and working with management, suppliers and clients at all times. This role will be attractive to someone who enjoys managing and being at the Group nexus of finance and operations.
The company has a small finance function in London and in its overseas locations finance is outsourced. There will be occasional travel to European offices, to the US and Far East office. Key responsibilities in collaboration with the Group CFO include:
- Implementing, managing and developing Group financial policies and procedures
- Strategic modelling for Group performance and planning
- Group cashflow and treasury management
- Group tax compliance
- Management of the year end processes for the Group and all of its subsidiaries
- Management of aspects of transfer pricing
- Management of outsourced finance service providers
- Line management of the junior members of the Finance team including:
- Oversight of the key control systems
- Sales and purchase ledger management
- Monthly management accounts preparation
- Management of Group expenses
- Asset management reporting support
- Supporting the Group CFO in the regulatory returns process with the FCA
- Deputising for the Group CFO as required
- Such other responsibilities as line management may from time to time properly assign
- Ad hoc project work
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this excellent role, you MUST meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Accountant with excellent academic background with a tertiary level education probably with a finance or economics focus
- 5 or more years' experience in an FCA regulated environment, probably an investment bank or corporate finance or private equity house or high growth company such as a tech company.
- Strong people management skills and robust personality to deal with strong personalities in the business.
- An Excel pro with strong Excel modelling (able to drive models) and Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to understand financial accounts and FCA regulatory drivers
- International exposure is preferred as well as understanding of multicurrency accounting
- Exceptionally well organised and ensuring that tasks are completed and followed up on without prompting
- First class project management skills
- Be highly numerical and articulate and have business standard written and spoken English.
- A competent team player, keen to take on responsibility and able to delegate.
Sorry, this job is no longer available