Finance Business Partner - 12 month fixed term contract
£70000 - £80000 + bonus + benefit - Central London - hybrid
They are one of the world's leading independent investment and wealth management groups with over 500 employees in 11 different countries. They advise on over £40bn of investment funds and assets. They have a new 12 month fixed term contract for a Finance Business Partner (FBP) for the Investment Management Division and supports the IM Division in London, Zurich, Africa, and Jersey in achieving its financial and strategic objectives.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Business Partner (SFBP), you will provide value add management information and insight into the financial performance of the division, identify potential areas for improvement, and analysis that increases understanding of the profitability of clients, teams, and individual relationship managers. The role requires close engagement with the Head of the Investment Management Division and his senior direct reports and client relationship managers in each jurisdiction. The role will also support the Group Services division, you will build close relationships with the COOs, and the heads of IT, HR, Marketing and Business Development as well Financial Control, FP&A, and Finance Systems and MI.
* Prepare monthly Financial MI for the Investment Management division and each of its local business units including information on financial performance, revenues and expenses, assets under management, revenue margins, new business, etc. with insightful commentary on performance and explanation of material variances to budget, forecast, and prior year.
* Present results each month along with the SFBP to the Head of IM and to the division's executive committee, as well as to the division's individual business units
* Prepare additional periodic and ad-hoc reporting as required by the division.
* Provide information on the division's financial performance and KPIs to the FP&A team for inclusion in monthly reporting to the Group Exco and Board.
* Provide business partnering support for central group functions including IT, Marketing, HR, and Business Development, including monthly MI and review of costs with explanations of material variances to budget and prior year
* Leverage knowledge of the business to identify potential enhancements to operating processes that could increase revenue, improve efficiency, reduce costs, and/or reduce risk
* Work together with the business and with the Finance Systems and MI team to further develop the methodologies for measuring the global profitability of the division's clients, encompassing the total revenue and contribution earned from all of the group's services
* Develop balanced scorecards for each client relationship manager (CRM) to measure performance vs targets for revenue per client, new business, client retention, cross-selling of other group services, and other measures as required by the business
* Take an active role in regular reviews of client and Lead RM profitability, identifying opportunities and actions to increase profitability and tracking delivery of these actions
* Prepare the annual budget and business plan for the Investment Management and Group Services divisions, ensuring that all revenue, cost, and new business targets and investment spend are backed by a sound business case and adequate challenge.
* Work with FP&A and Finance Systems and MI teams to create efficient process for quarterly forecasting and longer term (3-5 year) projections as required by the Board
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Professional accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
* 3+ years' experience in similar roles demonstrating increasing responsibility / scope of role
* Previous experience within the Investment Management, Asset management, and/or Wealth Management industries is strongly preferred
* Self-starter with high level of energy and ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines
* Confidence to interact with and challenge all levels of management within the organization
* Excellent attention to detail
* Commercially minded with ability to interpret data and present conclusions clearly
* Strong communication skills both verbal and written
* Strong PowerPoint presentation skills
* Advanced Excel skills including ability to build financial models
* Experience using analytical tools such as Power BI, Power Pivot or comparable reporting tools