Project Accountant - Accounting Developments
TO £85000 + 15% Non-Con Pension + Bonus + Benefits (or suitable daily rate)
18-24 month contract
Central London - Hybrid working
Growing London operation of international banking group with global assets $50billion. The business comprises private banking, commercial and wholesale banking together with retail activities. They have a truly international culture and very cosmopolitan as well as collegiate culture. In the last few years they have been going through progressive upgrades of processes, procedures, controls, infrastructure and systems.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Technical IFRS knowledge, up to date with changes
* A qualified accountant (ACCA,ACA,ACMA) or equivalent international
* Project experience within a banking environment.
* Very good management skills - particularly project organisation
* Excellent communication and relationship building skills
* Excellent systems/computer skills (Excel)
* Knowledge of banking systems is preferred.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Reporting and Tax and dotted line to CFO, you will be responsible for the implementation of accounting related projects and developments. This responsibility will cover technical accounting, accounting processes and controls, procedures and documentation and ensuring that changes are effectively communicated to the wider finance and business community within the bank. Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
* Implementation of changes to the Bank's financial accounting processes in line with the requirements of UK GAAP - primarily implementation of currency conversion
* Finance leader on key systems projects to include migration to upgrade of core banking system, implementation of core banking system currency conversion and the 2nd phase of automation of regulatory reporting
* To drive change on core internal accounting control processes; to include balance sheet substantiation and cross department reconciliation processes
* To ensure that all technical matters arising from accounting change be reflected in the accounting policy manual and related artefacts
* Finance leader on Treasury related accounting matters including product accounting and hedge accounting
* Support Finance Team in making change to spreadsheet based internal accounting processes.
* To carry out ad-hoc work as requested by the Financial Controller and the CFO.