|Location:||City of London, London|
Accountancy and Finance
Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£55000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Job Published:||almost 3 years ago|
Accountant - London Trading Operation
£55,000 - £80,000 (Dependant on experience) + bonus (to 75%) plus benefits
They are a growing trading firm focussing primarily on equities and equity derivatives, with over 600 employees. They have expanded rapidly in London in the last 10 years attracting very high quality people who form a collegiate and entrepreneurial culture. It's a fast paced environment and active discussions across different business areas is actively encouraged. They may not be big on titles but an ambitious person can have an excellent career there with opportunity for progression. Apart from career progression they also offer individuals the ability to develop their skills in many different ways.
Working within UK finance function comprising 7 staff and working closely with New York and Far East finance functions, the role is detail and sometimes technical orientated and involves working, on the following:
- Maintaining the businesses books and records.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Preparation of annual financial statements.
- Interface with other groups within the firm to ensure processes are maintained through changes in infrastructure.
- Take part in weekly meetings with USA and Far East offices.
- Involved in accounting policy decisions, UK GAAP interpretations and working closely with the outside auditors and advisers.
To be considered for this role, you must meet the flowing criteria:
- Fully qualified, graduate ACA with 2 - 10 years post qualified experience.
- Detail-oriented self-starter who is willing to get involved and enjoys working in an intense and fast-paced work environment
- IT - Must have strong in-depth experience on MS Excel ideally to macro level.
- Must have a financial services background - ideally from a Broker Dealer, Trading, Hedge Fund, smaller investment firm or an investment bank trading business.
- Must have strong exposure to preparing financial statements and accounting policies under FRS 102.
- Good understanding of accounting standards, IFRS and UK GAAP.
- Well organised and able to handle priorities and to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive and flexible outlook, professional mind-set, a good presence and also a good team player.
- Familiarity with and understanding of securities trading terminology and comfortable with technology concepts
- High motivation and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Sorry, this job is no longer available