Accounting & Compensation Manager
£80000 - £90000 + Bonus + (10% non-contributory pension) + Bonus + Benefits
Highly established global investment management group with over $300 billion AUM with offices in 3 global financial centres. They now have a newly created high profile, leadership role within their UK finance function.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
To be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria:
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA) with a strong academic background and post qualification experience in reporting and control;
- Experience of compensation accounting and compensation schemes desirable but if not can be learnt;
- Experience of working within a top 6 firm of accountants desirable but not essential;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience of working in a SOX environment or the investment management industry preferred but not required;
- Experience of working in a global organisation;
- Excellent attention to detail and results driven approach;
- Enthusiasm to take time to understand the area and its requirements;
- Ability to take a step back and review and challenge;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and work with the team, especially important given the regular interaction with various departments;
- Ability to analyse data and provide relevant financial insight.
This role sits within the Accounting & Treasury area which has around 30 people in London. The London team has responsibilities for the financial control of the UK and European entities and associated reporting for them. The biggest cost to the business is people and their associated compensation schemes including share schemes. Apart from being a leadership role, it is one of the most important, business critical and high profile roles within the London team and one of 2 two direct reports to the Head of UK / Europe Financial Control. They have a new role which is a key manager level role within the London Accounting team. You will be responsible for managing a team of two qualified accountants within the Compensation Accounting team as well as helping to coordinate other reporting matters. The Compensation Accounting team are responsible for the fixed and variable compensation accounting for all UK and European entities. This includes share-based payments, payroll, fund unit deferrals and consolidation of EBTs. You will be a key point of contact for the auditors, including responsibility for coordinating the UK audit from a Group, Sarbanes Oxley and local statutory reporting perspective. Additionally, you will have exposure to reporting under US GAAP, IFRS and local European GAAPs as legal entity controller for a number of entities and also be a key audit contact. You will also have input into the Financial Planning team regarding key information. You will:
- Review existing processes for compensation accounting ensuring they are as efficient as possible and recommend changes where needed.
- Manage a team of two qualified accountants to:
- deliver accurate results for UK & European compensation accounting
- understanding the various awards and ensuring the correct accounting treatment for them
- deliver insightful variance analysis and forecasting of future costs to P&L
- Coordination of financial reporting for the London team including liaising with Cosec pre year end to draw up a timetable to cover all UK and European entities to enable accounts to be prepared, audited, distributed and approved.
- Legal entity controller for a number of entities including the main UK service entity - role includes financial reporting for these entities.
- Be a key point of contact with the auditors to assist in the delivery of an efficient and effective audit.
- Work effectively with other teams including MI and HR in both London and overseas.
- Review new technical papers, understand any new relevant reporting standards and disseminate to the team.
- Carry out additional duties as assigned.