Business Risk & Audit Analyst
£55,000 - £68,000 + bonus + benefits
This well established investment management group with an absolute return philosophy and manages nearly £20bn of assets for an array of loyal private clients, charities and pension funds. In the last 7 years they have expanded rapidly and have circa 250 employees with offices in the UK and the Far East. They have an open and collegiate team culture with a strong partnership approach and cultivating long term employment and progressive career progression. They now have a new role which engages with the whole of the business areas and is key to both governance and management of risk within the business.
Due to the growth of the firm they are now seeking an intellectually rigorous qualified accountant (with or without financial services experience) to work within the business risk area responsible for the risk cycle from the identification and analysis of individual risks to deep dive audit reviews of specific topics throughout the business. The key aim is to provide assurance to the business and senior management on the suitability and quality of the risk and control environment. The role is one which provides business support and assistance and therefore it is essential to be comfortable in engaging and communicating with individuals across the business as well as providing challenge to both peers and senior management. This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference and add value across the business ensuring the business records and understands errors and risk understanding is embedded in the business and is monitored by them and ensuring an appropriate control environment. The role is wide ranging and includes the following:
- Engaging with the business in identifying and mitigating business risks looking both at risks that have materialised and ensuring protection from future risks that could arise.
- Analysis of risks to produce rational and succinct management reports, directing management to key issues that have arisen and could arise ensuring protection of the business.
- Ensuring up to date understanding of industry direction and best practice to support the risk environment by participation in external forums (industry bodies, seminars etc).
- Help develop and drive the annual internal audit plan, ensuring engagement and input from managers, the Executive and external forums to identify areas suitable for review.
- Liaising with managers and teams to obtain a detailed understanding of relevant policies and procedures to be able to follow up with thorough audit testing and analysis.
- Producing comprehensive audit reports for submission to the Audit Committee which include necessary recommendations for process and control improvements ICAAP
- Involvement with the firm's ICAAP focussing on the review of key risks.
- Development of evolving key risk indicators.
- Assistance with reporting to senior management and governance committees on key risks and key risks indicators.
Ad hoc Projects
- The team is involved in numerous other projects across a variety of topics. The Analyst will be involved in these as required, providing support and expertise to other business teams
Who they are looking for
They are looking for a high quality, driven individual to join the team, with responsibilities across each of the risk activities. Attention to detail, logic and analytical skills are required to carry out valuable risk reviews and internal audits and able to take a commercial, big picture viewpoint and to communicate both in written reports and governance (Executive and Non-Executive) meetings. To be considered for this excellent opportunity, you should meet the following criteria.:
- 2 - 6 years qualified (ACA or similar), 2:1 degree or equivalent and excellent academic background and intellectual ability.
- High achiever with fine-tuned analytical skills, ability / track record of interacting with senior stakeholders.
- Genuine interest in investment management and absolute return style of investment and client management.
- Service mentality, intellectual rigour and able to demonstrate active curiosity and questioning, prepared to get underneath the surface and ability to question and challenge peers and management.
- At ease with communicating and presenting self clearly and professionally.