Finance Accountant - Reporting
£45,000 - £55,000 + Bonus + Benefits
City of London
Who They Are
They are a specialist life insurance group based in London with a strong brand name and a reputation for success. They are very profitable. They have a strong collegiate environment and although very commercial, is a place where employees enjoy working and offer a friendly, professional office environment. They also offer excellent career opportunities and are supportive in terms of training and development.
This opportunity supports the Senior Reporting Accountant in meeting the companies US GAAP, IFRS and Solvency II reporting requirements. You do not have to be an expert on Solvency II but would grow into that area and provided you have IFRS knowledge will be able to develop your knowledge in Solvency II. US GAAP experience is not necessary. An ability to understand balance sheet and income statements within insurance preferably whole lines within insurance. You will be involved in a wide range of finance and accounting activities including:
- Responsible for reporting, including quarter end submissions to head office.
- Responsible for quarter end accounting and control, including US GAAP corporation taxes, collateral, PLIC Europe (longevity intra group retrocession).
- Preparation of quarterly group capital adequacy return.
- Responsible for compliance obligations, including preparation of finance Solvency II solo forms.
- Preparation of US regulatory forms to head office.
- Preparation of quarter end Divisional Economic Capital (SII) balances for Risk.
- Ad hoc finance projects and requests. Possibly preparing year end accounts.
- Responsible for keeping up to date the Financial Statement close process and SOX narratives.
- Responsible for preparing technical accounting papers to support accounting treatment under US GAAP, IFRS and SII - be the go to person for technical matters.
- Responsible for reporting timetables.
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for this role, you should meet the following criteria:
- Recently Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with insurance industry exposure gained either from a firm of accountants or within the insurance industry;
- Knowledge of how to prepare statutory accounts and able to produce accounts to a high quality to deadlines using their IFRS technical knowledge and skills;
- Ability to understand balance sheet and income statements within an insurance company.
- Strong Excel skills and able to communicate well with colleagues at all levels in the business and to work well within a team environment.
- Self-starter with a desire to develop their technical knowledge and skills.
- Motivated to take ownership of their work and to seek further responsibility.
- Ability to manage competing demands and deal with non-standard requests.