Finance Business Partner - Business Support Analyst
£55000 - £65000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a growing investment bank with 160 employees providing a wide range of services to institutions and corporate clients including equity market making, equity research , corporate advisory, corporate finance and sales trading. They have a commercial culture but are also highly collegiate and promote excellence in everything they do. They are now seeking to recruit an ambitious individual into a new role within the Business Support department to provide effective and efficient support to the Business Support Manager.
The Business Support department reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and provides crucial support to the business and infrastructure departments, helping to implement changes to BAU processes, investigating feasibility of new initiatives, implementing process improvements and providing strategic support to the business line managers. The role is a multi-disciplinary role covering all aspects of corporate finance, corporate broking, institutional sales and trading from the initiation of a trade or transaction through to the settlement and reporting of that trade or transaction as well as the day to day operations of Firm, including accounting, legal and regulatory analysis and advisory. The role provides analysis, understanding and problem solving capabilities to the front office, and also to the support areas, on a wide variety of issues and projects, including developing and supporting new initiatives and business cases, management information, and operational processes. The role also offers a high level of exposure to senior management across the Firm, as well as to external clients and counterparties, giving excellent opportunities in career development. Depending on the business area requirements, the role will either be embedded within one department or work with differing departments on a variety of issues. You will be expected to support the relevant department as necessary. Examples of this may include the management of data for, and development and implementation of management information and key risk/ performance indicators, transaction file reviews, client agreement management, regulatory change, support and development of new products and initiatives.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
Candidates will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Candidates are likely to be currently working in financial services, either in an in-house or advisory role, and are qualified accountants, c. 2-5 years PQE. Appropriate legal experience and/or CFA qualification will also be considered.
- Strong analytical approach and ability to understand quickly and deal flexibly with complex problem solving;
- Self-starter, who is comfortable with coordinating ad-hoc and competing requirements and deadlines;
- Comfortable in working in multi-disciplinary, changing, environment;
- Consistent and high quality approach to output produced (presentations, written reports, financial analysis);
- Ability to think both at an operational and strategic level; and
- Ability to communicate with all levels.