Finance Business Partner - Corporate Finance & ECM
£75000 - £85000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a growing, mid size investment bank providing a wide range of investment banking services including, equity research, corporate finance, ECM, market making and trading. They are now seeking to recruit an ambitious individual into a new role within the Finance Business Partnering department reporting to the Head of Business Partnering and dotted line to the Head of Corporate Finance & ECM.
You will provide crucial business support to the Corporate Finance & ECM departments. The role is a multi-disciplinary role covering all aspects of corporate finance and corporate broking but will require an understanding of institutional sales and trading. The role will cover the initiation of a trade or transaction through to the settlement and reporting of that trade or transaction as well as the day to day operations of Firm, including accounting, legal and regulatory analysis and advisory. You will provide analysis, understanding and problem solving capabilities to the front office, and also to the support areas, on a wide variety of issues and projects, including developing and supporting new initiatives and business cases, management information, and operational processes. You will have a high level of exposure to senior management across the Firm, as well as to external clients and counterparties, giving excellent opportunities in career development. Your role will / may include the management of data for, and development and implementation of management information and key risk/ performance indicators, transaction file reviews, client agreement management, regulatory change, support and development of new products and initiatives.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
Candidates will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Candidates are likely to be currently working in financial services, either in an in-house or advisory role, and are qualified accountants, c. 2-10 years PQE. Appropriate legal experience and/or CFA qualification will also be considered.
- Strong analytical approach and ability to understand quickly and deal flexibly with complex problem solving;
- Self-starter, who is comfortable with coordinating ad-hoc and competing requirements and deadlines;
- Comfortable in working in multi-disciplinary, changing, environment;
- Consistent and high quality approach to output produced (presentations, written reports, financial analysis);
- Ability to think both at an operational and strategic level; and
- Ability to communicate with all levels including senior management and the Board.