Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
£65,000 - £70,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Who they are
They are an exciting young well financed start-up Group involved in the online offering of insurance policies. As such apart from the regulated online insurance business, they also have a separate company within the group which provides IT solutions to the online business in terms of development and solutions. The business is a joint venture with a major global insurance group who you will be employed by.
Reporting to the CEO with a dotted line to the JV partner's Head of Finance Europe (who equivalently has responsibility for providing book keeping and accounts preparation services to the business), you will be responsible for the following:
- Review optimal structure of business for capital, funding and tax and assessment of funding requirements.
- Preparation of annual financial plan and regular forecasts/cashflows for the business as a whole involving liaison with overseas units as necessary and the JV partner finance team.
- Preparation and monitoring of worldwide cashflow information and determination of timing of capital requirements.
- Challenge cost benefit of business opportunities.
- Compilation and financial analysis of management information.
- Understanding of the drivers behind the financial performance of the company's worldwide business.
- Investigate cause and recommend actions to address financial and other operating performance variances.
- Support driving improved performance.
- Review and challenge of the business model.
- Ensure inputs for determining revenue are accurate and timely, including chasing key people.
- Liaise with JV partner finance team to ensure timely preparation of invoices and track debtors.
- Report on payments due that fall outside of contractual terms.
- Check reasonableness of cross-charges between subsidiaries and the JV partner businesses in the UK and globally and also ensure service agreements are current.
- Ad hoc projects or other tasks as may be required from time to time.
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for this role you must meet the following requirements:
- Worked in Planning & Analysis area of a business with responsibilities for budgets and performance analysis.
Qualified accountant with minimum 3 years PQE, mainly in a technical accounting environment and experience gained within the insurance or IT industry.
- Very good academics - minimum 2:1 at degree level and must have grade A or B at Maths A level (or equivalent).
- Detailed understanding of financial planning and reporting process design and maintenance and Internal control systems.
- Financial accounting/reporting systems (preferably PeopleSoft).
- Able to participate actively in meetings - has 'meeting presence'.
- Communicates in a clear and practical manner both verbally and in writing.
Experience in a start-up is useful.