Listed Funds - Financial Reporting & Operations - Senior Manager
£65,000 - £75,000 + benefits + discretionary bonus
City of London
They administer over £40 billion of assets for a range of institutions across 10 jurisdictions including the UK. They provide services to both start-ups, new and larger and longer established fund structures and across a wide range of assets including real estate, debt, private equity, open-ended, alternative and London listed funds. They now have a new role for a qualified ACA or ACCA with London Listed Funds experience
Reporting to the Managing Director in London, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the financial reporting and operations team, ensuring effective delivery of high quality services to clients. The role covers, but is not limited to, production of all financial reporting (including annual & half yearly financial statements and interim/monthly management accounts) for all client funds and management companies. In addition, you will manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of the team including signing off valuations for London listed funds. Key responsibilities include the following:
- Manage the financial reporting and operations team in the performance of all their duties including the recruitment, training, development and performance management
- Manage the administration of London listed funds, special purpose vehicles and management companies
- Oversight of net asset value preparation for funds covering traditional listed equity, real estate and alternative strategies
- Preparation of monthly, interim, half yearly and annual accounts
- Liaison with teams to resolve any issues identified during the accounts preparation process
- Co-ordination of the audit process of annual financial statements for client funds and management companies
- Liaison with the company secretarial team on the timing of accounts approval board meetings and responsible for the deliverable required for those board meetings with regards to financial statements
- Liaison with clients in relation to all aspect of financial reporting including but not limited to; deadline setting, deliverables & format of deliverables, highlighting changes to UK GAAP/IFRS requirements regarding
- Co-ordinating, where appropriate, the printing of final version annual financial statements
- Responsibility for ensuring that financial statements are released and filed in accordance with set appropriate deadlines, both management-set deadlines and statutory deadlines
- Ensuring financial statements are compliant with UK GAAP/IFRS as applicable
- Ensuring financial statements are compliant with relevant stock exchange rules
- Assisting with the listings of funds and ongoing listing obligations as required.
- Reporting to Directors on a regular basis on administrative, operational and personnel matters and ensuring Directors are apprised of relevant matters on a timely basis
- Other financial reporting duties as requested from time to tim
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this excellent role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant experience with a high percentage of experience gained mainly in London listed funds.
- ACCA/ACA qualified, ideally with at least 5 years post qualification experience.
- Preferably some experience gained at some stage of their career within an accounting and audit practice.
- Excellent experience of hands on accounts preparation and excellent knowledge of UK GAAP/IFRS and AIC SORP.
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage own workload and a small team.
Other key skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality service to clients.
- Demonstrated ability to set and adhere to appropriate controls within a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.