Head of Management Accounts (9 Months Contract)
£65000 + Bonus + Benefits (inc 15% Pension)
Founded over 50 years ago, they have a strong track record of delivering long term investment returns. They now have a 9 month maternity cover role available to start as soon as possible.
- A qualified Accountant with experience in a similar role, or Manager level experience within the Accountancy profession.
- Relevant experience in the Financial Services Sector (investment management preferred but not essential).
- A good understanding of audit, either as a preparer of financial statements or as an auditor.
- Knowledge of the risks, standards and regulations within a business of this type.
- The ability to prioritise and deliver procedural changes.
- Numerate and analytical and good at presenting information.
- Strong technical skills with a solid understanding of current UK GAAP (FRS 102), HMRC,
- Attention to detail and deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Microsoft Excel skills essential. Experience of Sage or other similar accounting systems desirable.
Reporting to the Deputy CFO, you will have responsibility for the production of the company's management accounts, providing the monthly results and related information on the group, consolidated annual financial statements and preparation of FCA regulatory returns for a couple of subsidiaries and tax reporting, including VAT and Corporation Tax. Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the processes, including production of the monthly Management Accounting pack as well as understandable analysis and explanations of figures, variances and trends.
- Maintaining the financial books and records and balance sheet controls.
- Working closely with a finance assistant where needed provide guidance to them so they fulfil their role in relation to accounts payable, expenses and reconciliations.
- Timely production and distribution of all statutory financial reporting and information for as well as management of the audit process.
- Monthly checks on payroll and pension contributions.
- Assist in preparation of budgets for the group and for monitoring the performance against the expected results.
- Review and consider systems and if appropriate consider system developments and recommend improvements.
- Provide support to the COO, Deputy CFO and other senior staff as required.
- Provide cover to other members of Finance team as required.
- Ad hoc project work