Portfolio Manager, Transition Management
£105,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Our client is a global asset management firm with strong reputation and recognised as a market leader within the mutual fund industry.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of 2 years experience within transitions management
- Extensive transition/investment/asset management/analytical/trading experience
- Knowledge of capital markets, portfolio management strategies, and statistical analysis
- Knowledge of security trading costs and settlement and clearing practices, and the global securities markets
- Strong system skills including advanced proficiency with databases and spreadsheets
- Strong client service and communication skills (oral and written)
- Portfolio management experience
- Highly proficient with software applications
- Strong presentation skills
- Individual contributor and able to be a productive team player
- Detail oriented and very organized
- Flexible and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
Joining a small team you will be responsible for the daily implementation of transition events for transition management clients. This will require active involvement in the Pre Transition, Implementation and Post Transition stage of each transition event, including the development of the most cost-effective transition strategy for clients and the oversight and active participation in the research of various multi asset class trading strategies. In addition, this role requires an ability to actively assist in the sales process, through the preparation of pre and post-transition reports, the accompaniment the sales/ service team to face to face meetings with consultants, prospects and existing clients. Responsibilities include:
- Actively participate in overall planning and implementation of transition events (equity and fixed income) for EMEA based clients.
- Oversee the communication of the transition strategy to clients and other parties involved in the transition and liaise with the team globally. Daily contact with assigned clients throughout the transition process, from the development of appropriate transition strategies to the timely production and presentation of post transition reporting.
- Strategy development and implementation of transition events through the detailed analysis of portfolio attributes. Management and recommendation of strategy in all stages of a transition proposal. This is accomplished through the use of risk models, optimization systems and other trade analytics systems. Research implementation costs associated with various strategies and implement the most cost-effective strategy.
- Provide training and oversight to more junior members of the team.
- You will actively assist in the sales process, through the preparation and delivery of pre and post transition reports. You will also accompany the sales/ service team to face to face meetings with consultants, prospects and existing clients.
- Work closely with the global team to continue to develop and upgrade the firm's transition offering by identifying inefficiencies or opportunities for improvement with the current process, drafting any required action plans necessary, and taking accountability for implementing the project.
- Maintain relationships with clients, competitors, consultants, CIOs, portfolio managers and business leads to help maintain the firm's market leading position and to continually improve the technical product as well enhancing the firm's competitive position.