Revenue Accountant - 6 month contract (with potential to become permanent)
£35,000 - £40,000
The City of London
Part Qualified F3 - Newly Qualified Level.
They are a leading investment bank who provide financial advisory and capital raising to clients along side mergers and acquisitions. The company have global offices with over 400 people with a diverse portfolio of investments. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to gain experience working closely with a range of clients in a professional and well established environment with a potential for the role itself to become permanent.
You will report to the European Financial Director as the revenue accountant in which responsibilities would entail client billing and general accounting processes for the company, including branches globally.
- Responsible for the UK LLP group entities revenue process
- Co-ordinating client expense billing matters and fee invoices with the banking teams
- Prepare inter-company transfer pricing and expense invoices
- Support the Europe FD and US Accounts Receivable (AR) VP in the revenue recognition
- Support the Europe FD in determining the correct VAT treatment of all invoices
- Entering AR fee and expense invoices, related AR journals into the General Ledger
- Monitoring of banks accounts for receivables and preparation of weekly AR Debtor report
- Prepare monthly revenue journals and schedules for monthly workpapers including: accrued
revenue, transfer pricing, unearned revenue, accounts receivable and FX translation of AR
- Support the Europe FD and US AR VP in the establishment of any bad debt allowance
- Prepare monthly revenue audit schedules with analysis of month and year-on-year variances
- Produce weekly AR dashboard/KPI with commentary
- Support the Europe FD and US AR VP on AR process improvement initiatives
- Keep the AR Billing manual and all AR procedures up to date with any changes
- Ad hoc requests for Europe FD and US AR
Who they are looking for
If you would like to be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Are you a part qualified up to newly qualified accountant with good degree qualified academics (or equivalent)? And,
- Are you able to gain confidence of the work effectively with the manager and colleagues? And
- Do you have 2-3 years of experience of working in accounts receivable or similar accounting/ administrative roles?
- Do you have good experience using Excel?
- (Preferable but not essential) Do you have an understanding of client billing process & worked in an international environment?